Prayer Trios- Sign up Online
What is a Prayer Trio? These are groups of 2-3 people who meet together weekly, no leader needed. Invite others to join you. When you grow to 4 or more split into two groups, and keep multiplying!
3 intentional components:
- Meet once a week for focused discussion and prayer
- Scripture- decide (you could use one of these: https://www.ligonier.org/blog/bible-reading-plans/) and then read the same Scripture on your own and discuss when together. Use open-ended conversation questions to help one another grow spiritually, such as the example below
- Missional prayer- pray specifically for others who don’t know Jesus yet
Conversation Questions: (Adapt these for your group)
- What have you learned about God in your personal Bible reading this week?
- Specifically, what area of your life do you feel that God most wants to change? What’s your next step?
3.How have you sensed God’s presence in your life during this past week?
- Have you received a specific answer to your prayers? What was it?
- Is there anything weighing on you that you would like to share or that we can pray about
Is there anything that you need to let go of that is hindering you from experiencing freedom or peace or that is keeping you from God or that is distracting you from God?
- What opportunities have you had to share your faith in words or service?
Praying for others:
Each person in the group should note- who has God brought into your life that you want to pray for? Write their names down. Each person in the group should pray for all of these names weekly.
Some Scripture you could pray:
- Lord, I pray that You draw _________ to Yourself (John 6:44)
- I pray that ___________will seek to know You. (Acts 17:27)
- I pray that ________ will hear and believe the Word of God for what it really is (1Thess 2:13)
- I ask you God to prevent Satan from blinding ______ to the truth (2 Cor 4:4, 2 Tim 2:25-26)
- Holy Spirit, I ask you to convince ___ of their need for Christ. (John 16:7-14)
- I ask that You send someone who will share the good news with ________ (Matt.9:37-38)
- I also ask that you would give me or ______ the opportunity, the courage and the right words to share with __________ (Col. 4:3-6)
- Lord, I pray that __________ will turn and follow you (Acts 17:30-31, 1 Thess 1:9-10)
- Lord, I pray that _________ will put all of his/her trust in Christ (John 1:12; 5:24)
- Lord, I pray that _________ will confess Christ as Lord, grow in faith and bear fruit for your glory (Rom 10:9, Col. 2:6-7, Luke 8:15)
Julie Ruark, GFM InterVarsity 2019
Adapted from a model originally developed by CMAResources (Life Transformation Groups)